1 onion, chopped
2 carrots, 1 chopped and 1 finely diced
1 celery stalk, chopped
1 tbsp of extra virgin olive oil
1/2 cup of dry white wine
1 turkey carcass
4 cups of chicken stock
4 cups of water
1 bay leaf
couple of peppercorns
2 sprigs of parsley
1/2 tbsp of thyme
salt and pepper, to taste
1. Pull apart any leftover turkey meat with your hands, really working the bones to find the remaining secret sweet meat.
2. Cook the onion, carrot and celery in extra virgin olive oil over moderately high heat, stirring for 7-10 minutes or until vegetables are golden.
4. Add the white wine and bring to a simmer.
5. Add the turkey carcass, chicken stock, water, bay leaf and peppercorns.
6. Make a bouquet garni by tying fresh parsley and thyme in a little bundle so that you can remove it easily later on.
7. Bring everything to a boil.
8. Then lower to a simmer and cook for about and hour.
9. Remove large pieces of the carcass and strain the soup back into a skillet.
10. Heat over medium heat.
11. Add the turkey and diced carrots and season with salt and pepper.
12. Simmer the soup and skim any froth or fat as it rises to the surface.
Visit HolidayKitchen.TV for step by step instructions and to buy the DVD!